Oral health is a critical element of your overall health. It is so important to practice proper oral hygiene to help prevent certain oral diseases. However, because we use our mouths every day of our lives, something may likely go wrong. The Charles Evans Center has a dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid. Our skilled employees focus on preventative healthcare to ensure a healthy lifestyle.
Common Oral Diseases – Dentist In Amityville That Accepts Medicaid
According to the World Health Organization, it is estimated that 3.5 billion people globally experience oral diseases, which is just below half of the entire population. There are many types of oral diseases. On the bright side, most can be prevented and successfully treated by a dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid if caught in time. Some of the most common oral diseases can include the following:
- Dental Cavities
- Gum Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Oral Cancers
How Are They Treated?
Our dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid has successfully treated the oral diseases mentioned above. Here are some of the ways our skilled dentists address oral conditions:
- Cavities: If caught early enough, dentists can reverse tooth decay by using fluoride treatments. Another type of treatment for cavities are fillings.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease can be reversed if caught early enough. If not, dentists might use deep cleaning treatments to remove all plaque from the mouth.
- Infectious Diseases: Antiviral medication can prevent cold sores from developing fully in the early stages of an oral herpes outbreak.
- Oral Cancer: Depending on the cancer stage and when you were diagnosed, treatment includes surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
How to Minimize the Chances of Oral Disease
In order to minimize your chances of being diagnosed with oral disease, you must practice good oral health care. What exactly is good oral health care?
- Brushing your teeth twice a day along with flossing to remove dental plaque.
- Visit your dentist once a year, even if you think everything is fine!
- Avoid tobacco products, quit smoking, and limit alcoholic drinks.
Charles Evans Center – Dentist In Amityville That Accepts Medicaid
If you think you have one of the oral diseases mentioned above, or you just want to get a check-up, visit the Charles Evan Center today. Our professionals provide care with excellence and compassion to the underserved community members. Be sure to make an appointment with us to ensure a healthy lifestyle!