Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid
The Charles Evans Center (CEC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)* that provides integrated healthcare services at its Bethpage, Hauppauge and now Glen Cove locations. We provide care with excellence and compassion to historically underserved community members with limited incomes including those with autism, learning and developmental disabilities, and behavioral health concerns.
We focus on preventative healthcare to ensure healthy lifestyles and to minimize trips to hospital emergency rooms. CEC services are available to all community members and accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, and private insurance plans.
Our physicians and support staff are bi-lingual in English and Spanish and other interpreters are provided according to need.
The specific services offered at the Charles Evans Center, Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid include:
- Adult and Pediatric Medicine
- Women’s Health (Gynecololgy)
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Services)
- Social Work
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Mental Health Housing
- Case Management
CEC recently merged with the Melillo Center for Mental Health in Glen Cove, a health center with over 40 years of experience serving the community in the heart of Glen Cove. Renamed CEC at Glen Cove, the Center will continue to provide supports that include mental health clinic, outpatient chemical dependency outpatient services, assertive community treatment (ACT), supervised community residences, supported housing and respite housing Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid.
The Charles Evans Center is licensed by the NYS Department of Health, the NYS Office of Mental Health and the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports and is supported by Nassau County Department of Human Services.
Neurologists are specialized physicians that can diagnose and treat issues involving your brain and nervous system. As a multidisciplinary healthcare facility, the Charles Evans Center a Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid, recognizes the importance of having a trained neurologist as a member of our team. Issues with the brain and nervous system can be difficult to manage for some patients, but you won’t have to do it alone. To learn more about the common conditions that can be treated by a neurologist, please visit our website or contact us for more information.
- Family Medicine
- Women’s Health/Gynecology
- Desensitization Programs
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- Individual Counseling
- Psychological Testing
For patients who find that visiting the doctor or dentist can be a fear and anxiety-producing experience, CEC Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid, has created Social Scripts to help prepare for your next visit. Select the appropriate visit from the list below to see what you can expect to see on your next scheduled appointment.
The Importance Of Preventative Care
As we age, it becomes easy to cut corners when it comes to our health. However, the importance of visiting your physician once per year or more as directed cannot be understated. At Charles Evans Center, Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid are a multidisciplinary facility committed to providing excellent and affordable care to the traditionally underserved members of the community. We emphasize the importance of preventative medicine to help our patients live long and healthy lives.
Types Of Routine Exams:
Many aspects go into a person’s health. As a multidisciplinary healthcare facility, our team understands this better than most. This is why Charles Evans Center, Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid is committed to providing our patients access to the vital medical examinations needed to keep them healthy. Below are a few examples of the routine exams we offer, and what the practitioner does during them to allow for preventative care to be administered.
- Take a brief look at your medical history and lifestyle behaviors.
- Check your vitals, which include your heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature.
- Perform heart and lung exams.
- Administer various other health-related tests.
- Examine your tongue, gums, cheeks, and teeth.
- Perform X-rays to determine any misalignment issues or impacted teeth.
- Call-out any cavities and schedule an appointment to have them filled to fight against tooth decay.
- Thoroughly clean your teeth and gums to remove any plaque or tartar to prevent gum disease.
- Ask questions about your menstrual cycle, sexual activity, and any health changes that have occurred since your last visit.
- Perform a pap smear to check for cervical cancer, HPV, and other abnormalities.
- Administer pelvic exam to check for STDs and vaginal issues.
- Examine your reproductive organs for complications that may arise during a potential pregnancy.
A Focus On Prevention:
For any medical condition you may face, the best treatment plans will always begin with prevention. It is always one of the main goals we’ll focus on during any medical examination. After making a full evaluation of your health, we will provide medical advice and treatment for any issues that need to be resolved. Examples of advice that may be given includes:
- Eating more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods.
- Going for a thirty-minute walk each day.
- Perform strength training at least twice a week.
- Cutting back on smoking or consuming alcohol, if you do so.
- Increasing your focus on brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Visiting your medical provider more often.
Why Preventative Care Is Important:
While many people attribute illness with having unmissable symptoms, this is not always the case. For many people, symptoms for dangerous illnesses/conditions may lay dormant for weeks or months before presenting themselves. By the time of their arrival, treatment will be more difficult than it would have been if caught earlier. That is why you must always focus on scheduling and attending routine medical exams. By doing so, our doctors can catch ailments before they reach a serious state. Early detection allows our doctors to offer swift treatment, and provide advice on making changes to your lifestyle that prevents illnesses from reoccurring.
Charles Evans Center, Mental Health Specialist on Long Island that Accepts Medicaid
At Charles Evans Center, our team understands how important it is for the entire community to have easy access to healthcare services. That is why we are committed to providing preventative healthcare to those who need help. If you or a loved one is due for a wellness visit and would like to meet with our team, be sure to contact us today!