How to Manage Stress and Anxiety
We have all felt a sense of stress or anxiety one moment in time. That heart-pounding worry about a particular event, but what happens when it lasts for an extended period? Often, people can be left unsure of what to do when this occurs, but that is when seeing a professional can help. At the Charles Evan Center, a PCP in Uniondale, we have trained professionals ready to help you manage your stress and anxiety.
Stress v. Anxiety
An external trigger typically causes stress: a short-term event, like planning a presentation, or a long-term event, like being unable to work. However, once these triggers dissipate from your life, your fight-or-flight response dissipates, too, meaning your stress response will return to normal, eliminating the symptoms. On the other hand, anxiety is persistent, meaning that even without any stressor present, the body is still in a constant state of worry. The state of worry that people get placed into is typically intense episodes that are difficult to control.
Despite stress and anxiety having one key difference in how they are diagnosed, that anxiety is persistent, they share practically all the same symptoms, including:
- Insomnia or Trouble Sleeping
- Muscle Tension and Muscle Pain
- Irritability and Anger
- Loss of Appetite
These symptoms are not the only ones present in these cases. Seeking help from a professional at our PCP in Uniondale will allow you to receive a professional diagnosis.
How To Manage Stress And Anxiety?
- Be Active: Any form of physical activity can be a stress reliever. Being active not only takes your mind off of your worries but also releases your feel-good endorphins.
- Meditate: During meditation, you can quiet your mind and focus on creating a calming environment. Meditation can be practiced anywhere, so it is a great way to relax the symptoms.
- Speak with a Professional: Attempting to manage the symptoms doesn’t work for everyone. Seeing a professional is a great way to learn more and begin taking proper steps.
Contact Charles Evan Center, A PCP in Uniondale
There is no longer the need to continue living with constant worry. Our trained professionals are ready to begin helping you and provide a professional diagnosis. Contact the Charles Evan Center, a PCP in Uniondale, to begin receiving help now!