Poor dental health can lead to issues with your self-esteem, speech, or nutrition. Most dental problems can be avoided if you keep up with oral hygiene. When a dental problem does arise, it is important to take care of it immediately by seeing our dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid. At The Charles Evans Center, we offer dental services to our patients to treat and prevent problems affecting the teeth and gums.
Common Dental Problems
Most people experience at least one dental problem in their lifetime. Dental problems occur when your gums and teeth are not taken care of properly. A few examples of dental issues include:
- Cavities– Areas of the tooth that become permanently damaged due to bacteria, food, and acid coating your teeth and forming a plaque.
- Gingivitis– The inflammation of the gums as a result of plaque building up on your teeth.
- Cracked or broken teeth– A tooth can crack or break from a mouth injury, hard foods, or teeth grinding.
- Sensitive teeth– Pain or discomfort from food or beverages that are hot or cold.
How to Prevent Dental Problems
Simple steps can prevent dental problems from occurring. Some measures to benefit your oral health include:
- Brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day
- Flossing your teeth once a day
- Decreasing your sugar intake
- Avoiding smoking
- Drinking fluoridated water
- Visiting our dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid
Symptoms of Dental Problems
You should visit our dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid twice a year for routine cleaning, but also when you have symptoms of a dental issue. Some of the warning signs of a dental problem include:
- Ulcers, sores, or tender areas in the mouth
- Bleeding or swollen gums after brushing or flossing
- Chronic bad breath
- Sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Pain or toothache
- Loose teeth
- Swelling of the face and cheek
- Clicking of the jaw
- Frequent dry mouth
Contact Our Dentist in Amityville That Accepts Medicaid
In sum, dental problems should not be taken lightly and our dentist in Amityville that accepts Medicaid can help. At The Charles Evans Center, our specialists are dedicated to making you feel comfortable and healthy. Schedule an appointment to see our dentist and address your dental concerns.